Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hi this is Dave.

Hey everybody this is really David. I would have written sooner but it takes to long to only type with one finger and im a busy kid. Not busy with dates which i hoped but with therapy and I need to be by my mom who helps care for me the whole time. I am excited to post something about me on the website for me. First I want to thank everyone for there prayers and fastings for my health. They have been answered because I can see the change frome what I remember till now. And I am grateful for your love for me and everyone that has visited me and my sisters who have stayed with me to give my mom a break. Also I know they love me because they made a blog for me. I dont think im that important. Especially winning prom king, at least I would get nominated but not win king. If I got didnt get in an accident it would have never happend. Oh and I am sorry to all those that I saw at prom because it didnt seem like I was excited but I was. Prom was just a little to crazy for my brain so it wears me out. Im thankful for chior for raising money for my parents because I am a very expensive kid even when I was born till now. I finished reading the blog today so its nice to read and see what I dont remember and I love all your quotes. I guess I was a pretty funny or cute(as Tiffany would say it) kid in ICU and the hospital. Well I can tell you a little of what I went through in the hospital. At first I did not beleive any thing. I thought this whole thing was a dream and I was going to wake up in Canada or at Chase Lazenbys house(my best friend). Just everything was confusing to me and didnt make sense. But I started to beleive everything was real last wensday. I had to ask a ton of question to all my therapist and I quized them all but they got all the questions right. Then I got really frustrated. I was remembering how I was before and that its gonna be a long time to get normal again if I get normal. Also my plans were ruiend like going to college for a year and I was missing alot of fun with Chase and going on dates. But then I prayed that I may be optimistic and the next day I was. I loved going to therapy it was fun! It went by so fast like in school when you enjoy a interesting subject. I miss all my therapist they became my best friends(sorry Chase) and I love hanging out with them(well therapy) and just talking to them. But im glad to be back in my own bed because the hospital bed is so uncomfortable. Also being with my family and seeing everybody again. Well I have to go and play piano even though I really suck right now. I really dont want to go through the prosses of learning everything again. So many things are hard for me, But I have to be patient. Talt to ya later. :)

David Raymond Mackey

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I could tell that was you Dave! - It's good to have you back close to 100%. I know you'll make it all the way soon. But before you get there, I can relate with you about having to learn things slow such as the piano. I have always known you as a gifted kid. Keep up the great attitude! We love you,
Christi, Orrin, & Wes

Anonymous said...

Dave I was so glad to read your addition to the blog. I am glad that you can see how far you have come. Keep up the positive attitude and you'll keep getting better! We love you!

Anonymous said...

wow, I read this blog daily waiting for updates, and never expected to be graced by the King himself. It was totally unexpected. But it's super awesome to read. I can't believe you're taking on such a task of piano right now. If you can play more than three keys that sound like they go together, well you have me beat. I can play two, and have people guess what they may or may not resemble. It's a great game until someone throws something at me. Anyways, good to see you getting back on the horse so to speak. May your kingdom prosper, and your dinner's be delicious from this point on.

Anonymous said...

I think you most definitely would have won prom king anyway! It was really nice getting to see you in choir and you have come so far in your recovery, you are still in our prayers. Enjoy playing the piano!

Anonymous said...

hey it's kaitlin. I'm sooo glad that your feeling better and are back home. I can't wait to see you at church again and to hear you play the piano or us in the rs room. I was so happy when I saw that you added your own section to the blog and I'm still praying for you and your family. GOOD LUCK!!! And keep up the good work buddy:) You need to bring sexy back to church lol (it was on the video that all of the young women made you)<3 katie <3

Anonymous said...

Dave- you rock our world. You mean so much to everyone- that I can't tell you how excited we were to read your blog and hear how well you're doing. You're great perspective and attitude is an inspiration to us all. Keep it up Bud!!

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! good job with your own blog section!! i can't wait to see you at church and hear you play the piano again! <3

Anonymous said...

HI david! I am so glad you are doing better! Hope you continue to recover! I love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Davy...
It was great to read your blog. You have made great strides so far and I know you'll continue to knock us over with how fast you continue to improve. We love you lots! From your FAVORITE sister. Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hi David.
We've never met. My name is Andy Z. and your brother Joe is married to my sister-in-law, Mary Ann (if you followed that you ARE doing better). Any ways, my son, Harrison thinks the world of you. Mary Ann would take him on Mackey family outings and he just loved to play with you and the other boys. When he would get home it was "David and I did this" or David and I did that." We (and especially he) have been praying for you every day. We are so excited to hear of your great progress. Today as Harrison prayed over dinner he asked that you get better so you guys could play together again. You are loved more than you know. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi David! I am so glad you are doing better! Do you play piano again? I cant wait to hear you play! You are so good at it! Keep up the good work!!

U R 2 GOOD 2 B 4 GOT10!
(you are to good to be forgotten!)